Area of Research
- Molecular Biophysics/Structural Biology - conformation
of biological macromolecules, protein - nucleic acid, drug nucleic acid
interactions using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Techniques and fluorescence
techniques, Interaction energy calculations, 3D Molecular Modeling using
computer graphics and drug designing.
- Molecular Genetics of Nitrogen Fixation - Identification
and cloning of Nitrogen fixing genes of Rhizobium and Azospirillum, study
of gene expression, strain improvement by genetic engineering methods.
- Reproductive Biology - Fertility control mechanism
in males, glycoprotein - involvement in sperm maturation, endocrinology,
endocrine regulation of sperm maturation in epididymis.
- Plant molecular biochemistry - secondary metabolic
pathways and enzymes, production of metabolites in protoplast cell culture,
vacuoles, tonoplast, ATPase, Intracellular transport.
- Membrane Biochemistry & Enzymology - assembly
of membrane components, cell surface and membrane glycoproteins, immobilization
of enzymes, production of citric acid from A. niger strains, Biomass conversion
and fermentation processes, production of single cell protein from agricultural
and lignocellulosic waste.
- Microbial biotransformations - identification
of microbial strains of bacillus, pseudomonas, asperigillus from soil,
waste from vegetable oil & sugarcane industry, production of biotherapeutics.
- Molecular Basis of Pathogenesis, host pathogen
interactions : Cell surface molecules, role in pathgenesis and interactions
with host, Identification and characterization of genes coding for cell
- Enviromental Microbiology, Mineral load and microbes
in Ganga River.