University of Roorkee
EXPERTISE IN RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
- Applied numerical methods
- Biochemical engineering
- Boiling and condensation
- Chemical kinetics, catalysis and reactor design
- Computer aided design
- Energy engineering and management
- Fire engineering
- Industrial pollution abatement
- Modelling and simulation
- Polymer engineering
- Process integration
- Process control
- Separation processes
- Transport phenomena
- Analysis of corrosion and reliability in process
- Design and analysis of biochemical processes.
- Designing, modelling and simulation of chemical
process equipment like, evaporators, dryers, condencers, heat exchange
equipment, absorbers, multicomponent distillation columns, pneumatic conveyors,
packed/fluidised bed columns, and reactors for the manufacture of ammonia,
- Development of processes for biomass based energy
systems and fermenation products; agro-based resources like mentha oil
and furfural; deoling of wax; porduction of silica gel, pollution control
and waste treatment systems; energy conservation and efficient utilization.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Environmental
Management Plan (EMP) for chemical and allied Industries.
- Extension facilities for chemical petrochemical
and alied industries pertaining to jobs of trouble shooting, energy audit
and conservation, pollution control and environmental portection measures,
data generation and advice for modification of processes.
- Generation of data and design of process equipment
and pollution control equipment and system.
- Hazard and risk analysis of chemical and allied
- Specialist courses under Quality Imporvement
Programme (QIP) and continuing education for teachers of technical institutions
and in-service field engineers in the conventional and nonconventional
areas, computer aided process plant design, energy engineering, environmental
pollution and abatement including impact assessment(EIA) and Environmental
Management Plan (EMP).
© ISC, 1998 : Last
updated on 31 July, 1998
This page is maintained
by the Information Superhighway Centre, UOR.