University of Roorkee
Molecular sieves absorber/desorber
AND MAJOR EQUIPMENT
- HAZOP analysis and safety assessment.
- Particle size analysis from gas and liquid samples.
- Physical and chemical analysis of gaseous emissions,
liquid effluents and different materials like petroleum, petroleum products
and fuels (solids, liquid and gas), various other chemicals like, lime
cement, petro-chemicals, soils.
- Pilot plant testing of chemiclal processes involving
evaporation, distillation, heat exchange, crystallization, drying, absorption,
chemical reaction, injection and blow moulding.
- Fabricational Facilities.
- PC-ATs; Pentiums (100-233 Mhz)
- Nexus 3500 work satation;
- Digital alpha 433 au workstation (433 Mhz)
Advanced Level Softwares
- Chemical engineering flow sheeting and equipment
design software HYSIS, PRO II with PROVISION, PROCEDE
- Complete FEM package (COSMOS/M with modules like
GEOSTAR, ASTAR, HSTAR, NSTAR, FSTAR, ESTAR, FLOWSTAR, FLOWPLUS, OPSTAR,
FEE THERMAL) and an additional CFD module.
- Hazard and risk analysis softwares to solve the
problems related to the area of Process safety, Risk Management, Hazard
and operability analysis.
- Computational fluid dynamics package (CFD), FLUENT
for modelling fluid flow, mass transfer, and chemical reaction in a chemical
process equipment; it can also be used in the area of environment, material
processing, and power generation.
- Latest simulation facilities in the form of (FORTRAN,
C and C++, VISUAL BASIC, DBASE, FOXPRO), High performance numerical analysis,
Computation and visualistation softwares (MATLAB, SIMULINK), with advance
tool boxes, System indentification, Robust control, Non-linear control,
Control system, Fuzzy logic, Neurologic, Optimisation.
- Process integration software, SUPERTARGET (for
optimal synthesis and analysis of heat exchanger and distillation column
network), Signal processing.
- State of the art design software of heat exchanger
(M-TASC) and reboiler (M-KETL).
- BOD and COD analyser
- Cascade impactors
- Colony counter
- Conductivity meter
- D.O. meter
- Flame photometer
- Fermenters with recording
and controlling facilities
- Gas-liquid chromatograph
- Hydrocarbon analyser
- IR analyser
- Personal cyclone samplers
- Precision microscope
- Selective ion electrodes
- Stack monitoring kit etc.
- Toxic gas analyser
- TOC analyser
- UV Spectrophotometer
© ISC, 1998 : Last
updated on 31 July, 1998
This page is maintained
by the Information Superhighway Centre, UOR.