AREAS OF RESEARCH
ON GOING RESEARCH AREAS,
- Development of ULCB high manganese and high silicon
tough steels as alternatives to Ni - Cr - Mo- V quenched and tempered steels
- to concentrate upon tonnage melting, metal forming product development
and structure- property evaluations.
- Development of low cost wear resistant cast irons
as substitutes for Ni-hard and Cr-Mo cast iron - to concentrate upon structure
- property , upgradation of work to pilot plant scale and technology transfer.
- Development of low cost corrosion resistant cast
irons as substitutes for Ni - resist cast irons - to concentrate upon product
development and characterisation , performance evaluat- ion and upgradation
of work to pilot plant scale .
- Development of Aluminium based anti friction
materials - to prepare suitable alloy compositions and characterrise them
for bearing applications point of view .
- Development of erosion resistant steels for under
water parts in hydroturbines - to optimise material characteristics for
wear resistance to quartzite based particles encountered in hydroturbines
situated in upper ganges region .
- To improve ductility in Al - Li alloys through
thermomechanical processing - through microstructural control . it is proposed
to incorporate high ductility in such alloys .
- Development of tough and wear resistant dual
- phase steel .
- Development of Al - base composites through foundry
roule and its tribological behaviour .
- Tribology of materials .