- Aptitude Test (350
Marks - 3 Hours)
Free Hand Drawing
- The Free - hand drawing would comprise simple,
ornamental pattern on enlarged scale. Sketching of simple objects of daily
use like furniture, Kitchenware, flower-vases and common domestic objects
- Exercises in geometrical drawing comprising lines,
angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons and circle etc. Study of Plan
- Elevation of simple solid objects like Cylinders, Cones, Cubes and Prisms
etc. Letter Printing.
Memory and Imagination
- Sketching of scenes and activities from rural
and urban life commonly observed, such as : markets, festivals, bathing-ghats,
fetes, play-ground, etc. from memory. Three Dimensional Perception. Understanding
and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and
elements, colour, texture and surface treatment.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract
patterns in pencil shading. Water / poster colour in any other medium,
such as, wall - hanging, cover design, greeting / invitation cards.
- General interest and awareness of persons, places,
buildings, etc. of architectural importance in India. (Objective type questions).