1. The candidates must come for counselling in person alongwith the ADMIT CARD of REE-99, the original and attested copies of marksheet of the qualifying examination as per Eligibility Requirement, original and attested copies of High School or equivalent examination certificate and marksheet and the origin al certificate for the category, if other than general category
2. The counselling will take place during the specified period of a day, or until the day's work is over and it may even continue on the next day.
3. Candidates will be asked to fill in a form in triplicate indicating their choice of branches of study in order of preference. Choice of branches and its order once given will not be permitted to be changed. Candidates may keep a record of order of preferences as submitted by them for reference.
4. Candidates will be called as per merit and will be allotted branch as per their choice and the available vacancies.
5. The selected candidates will be required to pay the prescribed admission fee immediately after allotment of branch failing which the offer of admission will stand automatically cancelled.
6. Those candidates who do not turn up at their call, will be given a chance at the end of the day. They can claim only the branch available at that time in order of preference.
Allotment of Branch
(a) The branch of study is allotted to a candidate on the basis of his / her rank in the merit list and the order of preference as given by the candidate at the time of counselling.
(b) A candidate who does not give his / her choice for a particular branch of study, will not be offered admission in that branch even if a vacancy is avail able.
(c) A candidate will be shifted automatically to a branch of study of his / her higher preference as soon as a vacancy is available in that branch. This is a continuous process till the admissions are closed on a notified date.
(d) In the process of this shifting when a candidate moves to a branch of higher preference, his / her request for reverting back to the branch of his / her lower preference will not be accepted.
(e) Subject to the availability of vacancies, change of branch of study is a lso permissible among all the engineering courses (excluding Architecture) at the end of first year on the basis of marks obtained in B.E. Ist year examination and a fresh preference sought from the candidates some time in APRIL 2000 for which a notification is issued in the normal course. However, while allowing such change of branch, no branch will be allowed to be depleted to less than 50% of its Sanctioned Strength.
1. The selected candidates will have to register personally on the date to be intimated to them at the time of counselling. The academic session for the new entrants will begin in the third week of July 1999.
2. The candidates selected for admission to B.E.(Pulp & Paper) shall report to the Head, I.P.T., Saharanpur for registration, after depositing the fee at the University Campus at Roorkee.
3. The following documents / certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep these ready with them and should not attach these with the application form.
(i) Character certificate (in original) from the Head of the College / Institute or the officer duly authorised by the Institution last attended. Certificates from Coaching Institutes and unrecognised Institutions shall not be accepted.
(ii) Transfer certificate (in original) from the College /Institute last attended. In case the candidate cannot provide the original copy of transfer certificate, he should bring a certificate from the Head of the College / Institute last attended indicating that the candidate is entitled to transfer. The transfer certificate (in original), however, will have to be deposited within a month of the admission.
(iii) Attested and original copies of High School or equivalent examination certificate and marksheet.
(iv) Attested and original copies of Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination marksheet and certificate.
(v) Medical certificate of fitness on the prescribed Proforma which will be sent to them alongwith the intimation letter for counselling.
(vi) Six copies of photograph identical to that pasted on the application form for registration and one coloured stamp size photograph for identity card.
4. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes must bring the caste certificate (in original) from the District Magistrate / A.D.M./ S.D.M. / City Magistrate / Tehsildar as authorised by the Government failing which their candidature will not be considered.
5. Candidates belonging to freedom fighter category must bring the certific ate (in original) from the District Magistrate.
6. Candidates belonging to physically handicapped category must bring the certificate (in original) from the Chief Medical Officer / Civil Surgeon in support of their physically handicapped status.
7. If a Candidate does not register on the prescribed date his / her admission will be cancelled.
In case of any doubt regarding guidelines for Counselling and Registration, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor of the University shall be final.
Cancellation of Admission
The University has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found admitted to a class to which he / she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
Disputes, if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid REE-99 shall be subject to the exclusive Jurisdiction of Roorkee Courts.